Thursday, March 14, 2019

Week 9


Week nine is a bit of a slow week. Personally I did not attend Monday class and Wednesday class was canceled. I did however go in on Tuesday to trim bowls and finish preparing for my midterm. Which thankfully was pushed back another week because as it is in a finished bisque wear state does not seem finished. So Sunday I'll be back in to install it and clean up any parts that need it. For the next project I have committed to the jewelry box and the grapefruit bowl. I might try to build a few other of my top picks if these don't pan out or I feel they don't measure up.  My test tiles for the triaxial test came out and they aren't really what I expected. I was hoping for more of a change from tile to tile instead they all seem relatively the same. I think I should've gone up by threes instead of ones and maybe messed with a colorant. I still enjoy the glaze as is but was just looking for a more shocking kind of change versus the subtle to no existent change.

No comments:

Post a Comment