Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 1

       First week back in ceramics we mixed quite a bit of clay, discussed the syllabus, and projects for the semester.  I'm excited and look forward to what required and non required projects I will get to make this semester. The first project is Apologia and I have a multitude of ideas for it. We are to do the project over what we have an admiration for as well as the excerpt from the Apologia story. My admiration is for the concept of nature and humans in it. This is the start and reference images for my project. It is now the second day of week 1 I'm starting to build some of the ideas I have for Apologia. I am a little stuck on how to build the base of the tree stump, if it should be slab or thrown, I think if I can throw a bowl the right size that would be the best option. My first couple attempts for the bowl were a bit of a flop but I did get a few other things for this project thrown. I think I did get a viable bowl for the base of this project I attached a "root" to it and it seems that it is around the size and shape I am looking for.



No comments:

Post a Comment