Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 3

     It is now week 3 it is a short week with only one day of class, I stopped in over the break to make sure everything was looking okay and at the right moisture levels but did not really have time to progress on the project. I am really loving where it is right now so I am sitting on where it is for a minute. I am considering adding color, add more organic forms to it or another thrown piece, or even a sculpture of a bird or fox.  I still don't know if I want it to have a use such as a planter or just have it as the sculpture it is. I also want to add more and make it like an adventure and every time you look at it you see something new but I don't want to over do it making it too busy and drowning out the really nice parts of it. So for class I decided to clean up what I already have and make it perfect to me before I really start adding more to it. I did throw a good sized bowl last week to fit the stump but decided it have better attachment points if i put it on the root verses the side of the stump itself.  I also added some vine work which I think I will continue to expand on where I put roses otherwise the look like they were inorganically stuck on to the stump. I also added rings of life to the inside of the stump and apparently did not capture stage two of my teacup. I'm still loving the progress though and with help from the critiques I decided to not put color on it and leave it as a raw clay piece.
Stage three



No comments:

Post a Comment