Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 2

     It is now week 2, last week I achieved a bowl the size I need for the tree stumps base and attached the roots to it. So far it has the overall presence I am wanting for it but now I need to figure out how to do the tree bark texture. The tree texture mat in the studio is no where to be found and not an actual bark texture so I get to experiment to find the right tree bark texture I want. The tea cup I made for the top of the stump dried out too fast so with the help of my professor I decided to use it as an extension of the project by putting it on the "lid" of the tree stump and wetting it down everyday I work on the stump to show the break down as the nature part of my project progresses. I watched a few YouTube videos to figure out the bark texture and got advice form a peer, I have to say I really love the texture that has been produced. I already started building some mushrooms and black roses to go on the stump but the bowl that I threw for it is a bit over bearing and needs to be sized down quite a bit. I decided to throw a few different sizes and will see whats best to attach after the break.

First stage of teacup


No comments:

Post a Comment