Saturday, February 23, 2019

Week 5



It is now week five of this semester. We are being introduced into glaze chemistry it is a little confusing and scary but very exciting. I appreciate the freedom we are being given to make our own glazes and alter it. The triaxials seem to be the most difficult but also where we get the most freedom to experiment so over all I am pretty excited to work on this project. I am still wrapping up Apologia I think I will be finished with it this week and do the installation parts after the base is fired. The top or the cup part of the sculpture result is really beautiful and to me. Truly I am pleased with this sculpture and at this point I hope it makes it through the kiln.  I am going to leave it wrapped up just to make sure I'm not missing anything I want from this sculpture  as well as clean up the last bits that need attention.  Other than that I need to look at types of glazes I would like to do for glaze chemistry and throw some cups or bowls to use my glaze on.

No comments:

Post a Comment