Monday, February 25, 2019

Week 7

Week 7 has come and gone. This week was dedicated to finishing the line blend and triaxial tests. Personally I love the result of my glaze and wouldn't mind remixing the base glaze to use. It has some crazing which is something I am fond of in utilitarian pieces, particularly mugs. The resulting glaze is something similar to a glaze I was hoping to make. My favorite glaze from high school was gun metal green and now I have a very gun metal-ly glaze with blue undertones. I finished my triaxials on Sunday night so I have yet to find out what the results look like. My test variables ended up being wood ash, soda ash, and frit 3195. Hopefully these increase the crazing and running in the glaze and it doesn't look horrible. If they don't come out as expected I might try and make a whole new glaze that I have my eye on. I believe we have at least one more kind of glaze test to do and we are being introduced to our new project. My initial idea is to make a more efficient and eye pleasing ash tray but I'm not sure if I will stick with it or possibly make two ideas for this project. As for Apologia it is ready to go into the kiln after that I will get to do the installation.




No comments:

Post a Comment