Saturday, February 23, 2019

Week 6

Week six. We are fully immersed in glaze chemistry it is a little overwhelming with all the new terms the readings help though, not as much as talking with my professor and peers. We made our test tiles last week and are doing fusion and line blend tests this week. The fusion tests from other classes has struck some curiosity in me with the "frits" I hope to get to use this in my pottery weather its a new glaze I make or something else I am not sure. The fusion tests are fun and a bit satisfying with the perfect little balls of powder in each tile. I am not able to do my line blend tests yet because my test tiles are in the kiln for a bisque fire so instead I decided to throw on the wheel and do some research on what glaze I would like to make. I also did the final touches on my stump and decided to leave it wrapped for one more week so I can watch it a little closer throughout the school week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment